The Health & Safety Policy of AVS is to ensure the safety, health and well being at work of every employee, subcontractor, client and members of the public. We are committed to providing and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions, safe systems of work, safe equipment and procedures, in so far as is reasonably practicable and in accordance with that set out in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and all other relevant statutory provisions and codes of practice.
We have a strong safety culture within our company and will always:
- Comply with statutory legislation and codes of practice, at a minimum
- Provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment, safe systems of work and to protect employees and others, in so far as they come into contact with foreseeable work hazards
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of employees and others
- Inform all employees of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy
- Encourage full and effective joint consultation, with employees and third parties, on all health and safety matters
- Monitor the effectiveness of health and safety provisions
- Keep the Health and Safety Policy under regular review and to inform employees and any other relevant parties of any amendments.
To ensure that the above objectives are met Management are committed to playing an active role in the implementation of the Health & Safety Policy and to audit and review our policy periodically. It is intended that projects and site work will progress in such a manner as to avoid or control foreseeable risks to the health and safety of those involved in the Group’s business activities, and third parties who may be affected by such work.